Similar to BRAVA’s Synthetic Spanish Barrel Tile, BRAVA’s Old World Slate product offers a solution to customers wanting the look of a slate roof, without all the added weight. Multi-colored, 1″ thick natural slate, which Brava Old World Slate replicates, is the most expensive and heaviest slate on the market. With Brava, you get the same look and long life without the costly maintenance and at a fraction of the weight and cost. In addition, mining multi-colored slate is an expensive process and material because it is very difficult to find. This is because there is only one part of a quarry where this type of slate can be produced.
Brava is able to produce composite slate that has different colors without the added cost. Unlike BRAVA’s other synthetic products, BRAVA’s Old World Slate product is often the less expensive alternative when it comes to upfront cost.
Cost of Natural Slate vs Brava Old World
- Cost: $10.00 – $25.00 per sq. ft. installed.
- Lifespan: 50+ years
- Maintenance: Every 5-7 years.
- Maintenance Cost: $3,000 – $4,000 for an average size roof.
- Weight: 725-3,000 lbs.
- Weight Cost: $$$ depending on how much new structural framing must be done to support the weight
Brava Old World Slate
- Cost: $10.00 – $18.00 sq. ft. installed
- Lifespan: 50+ years.
- Maintenance: None!
- Maintenance Cost: $0
- Weight: 339 lbs/square
- Structural Modification Cost: No additional since the weight isn’t more than the average home can hold