When searching for clay Spanish roof tile alternatives, Brava’s composite barrel tile is not to be overlooked. If you are comparing clay roofing with composite roofing, you might have concerns about both products. Questions like: What are the costs? What are the common problems? What colors are available? Here you find information on both clay Spanish roof tile and Brava composite barrel tile.
Clay Spanish Roof Tile
Spanish clay tiles have been a popular roofing choice for many centuries. Some of the best clay roof tiles are handmade, but very pricing. Most clay tiles, are fired and hardened to maintain the traditional barrel shape and increase each tile’s strength. Depending on how the clay is fired, will determine the range of colors each tile will produce. Terra cotta is the color most associated with Spanish tile roofs.
With that said, because clay is nothing more than fine sediment from the earth, it’s porous and breaks very easily. Spanish roof tiles are extremely fragile, and will break with the slightest amount of pressure. It’s estimated that up to 20% of clay tiles are broken during most installations. Walking on clay tile to fix chimneys, gutters, windows, or roof leaks will surely leave your roof damaged. Every year, hail destroys clay Spanish roof tile all across the country.
In addition to being fragile, clay Spanish tile roofs require addition structural support to hold the extreme weight of the tiles. This requires hiring a structural engineer, and purchasing the addition lumber required to support your roof.
Don’t forget about maintenance! Clay roofing requires lots of it. Be prepared to fix breakage, leaks, and replace the underlayment as needed. No one said installing and maintaining a Spanish roof tile was going to be cheap.
Brava Composite Spanish Roof Tile
Spanish roofs are truly distinctive and increase curb appeal like none other. Our composite Spanish roof tile (also known as barrel tile) is the perfect alternative to clay roof tile. Our lightweight synthetic Spanish roof tile eliminates the need for pricey structural engineers and reinforced roofing support. Installing Brava barrel tile will also decrease your labor costs and your new composite roof will be virtually maintenance free.
All of Brava’s composite roofing products are environmentally friendly, made of compressed recycled materials. This increases the durability of your roof and allows us to create endless color combinations to match your home. Our synthetic Spanish roofing tile is multi-colored throughout and contains UV inhibitors to prevent fading.
Brava barrel tile roofing products are available in Class A and Class C fire ratings and has a Class 4 impact rating. We have the only Miami-Dade County approved composite Spanish profile on the market. Our composite Spanish tile is maintenance free and has a limited 50-year warranty that provides you peace of mind every day.
Compare Clay Tile with Brava Composite Spanish Tile
|AESTHETICS||Brava Spanish Tile
||Clay/Concrete Spanish Tile
|Premixed Color Blends||Yes||No|
|Fire Retardant: Class A or Class C||Yes||Yes
|Wind Resistance: 110 + mph||Yes||Yes
|Impact Resistance: Class 4||Yes||Varies|
|Factory Blended Skids||Yes||No|
|Low Cost Freight||Yes||No|
|Estimated Waste Factor||Low||High
|Gun Nailed in Cold Weather||Yes||No
Have a look at some of our customers’ composite Spanish tile reviews.
Features & Benefits of Brava Synthetic Spanish Tile
- Lightweight – at only 252 pounds per square, Brava Spanish Tile allows for easy installation without the need for costly structural modifications.
- Long-lasting Performance – backed by a 50-year limited warranty, Brava Spanish Tile boasts a Class 4 hail impact rating, 110 mph wind rating and is available in Class A fire rating (the only one on the market) or Class C fire rating.
- Durable – Brava’s proprietary formulation ensures virtually no breakage. This extreme durability surpasses that of clay and concrete tile, as well as other synthetics, where breakage in shipping and installation can be a very costly concern.
- Environmentally Friendly – Made in the USA, Brava uses recycled material to create a beautiful and durable roof that itself is fully recyclable.
- Complete – Brava’s full line of accessories makes it the most complete and authentic Spanish Tile system on the market.
Brava Composite Spanish Tile Colors
*Any custom color or color combination available
Terra Cotta Brown