If your Oregon home needs a new roof, you may be wondering how much you should expect to pay for the roofing material and installation. As you may know, the cost of a new roof depends on numerous factors.
Before you jump into a roof replacement project, be sure to take time to consider the elements that affect a roof’s price. You should also examine the lifespan of your intended roofing material to determine the most cost-effective investment for your needs.
Read on to learn how much a new roof might cost in Oregon.
Factors That Affect the Cost of a New Roof
Roofing contractors examine various factors when determining a cost estimate for your new roof. Typically, the following factors play the most significant role in your roof costs:
- Location: New roofing costs usually reflect the cost of living in a given area. If you live in a high cost of living (HCOL) region of Oregon, you can expect your new roof costs to be slightly elevated.
- Existing roof material: One major step in installing a new roof is tearing off the old roofing material. Tearing off old shingles and tiles can be challenging and typically requires the help of a professional.
- Roof size: Most roofing companies charge by the square foot. As a result, the bigger your roof, the more you will need to pay for a new roof replacement.
- New roofing material: The roofing material you choose is another major component of your overall costs. Some roofing materials are more expensive than others. We’ll break down the costs of popular materials in the next section.
- Installation method: Finally, the installation method your roofing company must use affects your total costs. If you choose a roofing material that is more challenging to install, or if your roof is oddly shaped, you will likely pay more for an installation.
Average Costs for Popular Oregon Roofing Materials
Most roofs in Oregon utilize one of the following roofing materials. Here’s a quick breakdown of the average costs for these common roof types in Oregon.
Asphalt Roof Costs
Asphalt shingle roofs typically cost around $5 per square foot in Oregon. However, you may be able to get a lower price if you are looking to overlay shingles on an existing roof rather than tear off and replace your shingles.
Generally, you should expect to pay between $6,000 and $10,000 to install a new asphalt roof on your Oregon home, depending upon its size. However, asphalt roofs do not have a very long lifespan compared to more durable roofing materials, meaning that you will probably need to replace your roof again in fewer than 20 years.
Metal Roof Costs
Metal roofs are pricier than asphalt, costing anywhere between $8 and $16 per square foot in Oregon. While metal roofs are relatively costly, they can provide protection and durability for up to 70 years.
If you live in the same home for many decades, you will probably only need to replace a metal roof once. However, you will need to perform regular maintenance on your metal roof panels to keep them in the best condition long-term.
Tile Roof Costs
Tile roofing costs between $10 and $15 per square foot. This roofing material can last between 25 and 30 years, but it requires regular maintenance and inspections to ensure that cracks do not begin letting moisture into the home.
Composite Roofing Costs
(Brava Cedar Shake installed by Roof Life of Oregon)
Composite roofing is a cost-effective, durable alternative to traditional roofing materials. At Brava Roof Tile, we offer three unique composite roofing profiles:
- Old World slate tile: Costs between $10 and $18 per square foot installed
- Cedar shake: Costs between $11 and $18 per square foot installed
- Spanish barrel tile: Costs between $8 and $16 per square foot installed
Each of these composite roofing options provides exceptional durability and weather resistance, looks attractive and sleek, and boasts an impressive lifespan of 50+ years. Better yet, these composite roofing materials require zero maintenance, meaning that you will never need to pay any maintenance costs to keep your composite roofing in the best shape.
Contact our Brava Roof Tile team today at 844-290-4196 to learn more about our composite roofing options and request a cost estimate.