BRAVA’s Synthetic Spanish Barrel Tile product offers customers the unique option of installing a light-weight product that has the appearance of a clay or concrete at a 1/3 of the weight. This aspect of BRAVA Barrel Tile makes it the ideal candidate for a homeowner that is wanting to convert their existing asphalt roof into a tile roof, without making the costly structural modifications to the existing home necessary to support the weight of a natural clay or concrete product.
The cost of a BRAVA Synthetic Barrel Tile roof as compared to its natural counterparts varies greatly as there is a wide range in the cost of concrete or clay, depending on the product selected. However, regardless of the product selected, both clay and concrete often require maintenance over the course of their life, including cleaning and repair of broken pieces, the cost of which increase the cost of clay and concrete.
Additionally, when clay and concrete tile breaks, a safety concern arises as broken pieces can fall and damage property, or worse, injure people on the property.
Cost of Spanish Tile VS. Brava Barrel
Non-Synthetic Material Costs: Clay & Concrete
- Concrete & Clay costs $7.00 – $12.00 per sq. ft. installed
- Concrete lifespan: 20-30 years
- Maintenance: Need every few years
- Maintenance Cost: $1,500 – $3,000 for the average roof
- Weight: Clay and Concrete weigh between
- 700-1,000 lbs/square
- Structural Modification Cost: $$$ depending on how much new structural framing must be done to support the weight
Brava Spanish Barrel Tile
- Cost: $8.00 – $16.00 per sq. ft. installed
- Lifespan: 50+ years
- Maintenance: None!
- Maintenance Cost: $0
- Weight: 257 lbs/square
- Structural Modification Cost: No additional since the weight isn’t more than the average home can hold.